Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Contents?



I want to have sections that are both showing the leading creatives but also showing accessible pieces
Going from my contents page; Animal, Vegetable, Mineral and within each of these titles focusing in on how fashion, food and home related trends apply, do I 
  1. Focus on a long editoral spread about a leading trend setter under each heading and the fashion, food and home contents are all local 
OR

b.   Simply stick to the fashion, food and home contents and having a smaller non- written section looking at the locally sourced stuff
OR

c.    It doesn’t really matter cause my magazine section is largely image/ editorial based. Prices sprawled through-out aren't important -- that’s what my online forum is about.

My magazine is high quality images/ articles to inspire. I’m going to decide on option b & c. 
Keep content simple but high quality, this is what people look forward to seeing 4 times a year. This gives them guidance and everything else is covered on the forum web. I don’t necessary need to focus on local or overseas.
Idea: at the end of every article have a small table stating
Real deal: (Actual thing just reported on), Following the trend (similar product which can be brought internationally)& Keeping it local (similar product but can be brought locally) 

No comments:

Post a Comment